Frankston Primary School’s Inquiry Learning process aims to provide a curriculum and learning and teaching practice that ensures every young person is able to develop the foundation knowledge, skills and dispositions that enable future self-directed learning, social development and active and engaged citizenship as described in the Victorian Curriculum.
Inquiry Learning weaves through a developmental pathway from Prep to Grade 6. This pathway supports student learning in:
- Science, History, Geography, Civics and Citizenship
- Technologies – Design and Digital
- Cross Curriculum Priorities – Sustainability
- Cross Curriculum Priorities – Cultural Understandings
Our Grade Prep – 6 Inquiry learning assists and enables students to develop values, dispositions and independent learning skills to become successful learners, confident and creative individuals and active and informed citizens.
Inquiry Learning –
- Fosters collaborative learning and collaborative learning environments
- Nurtures connected learning communities
- Utilises ICT in fostering creative thinking and creative problem solving
- Fosters and develops successful interpersonal and personal learning skills
- Fosters active connected citizenship to and through local community involvement and beyond.