Enrolment Information 2024
Prep 2024 Enrolment Information
The Department of Education and Training (DET) has released a new statewide Foundation (Prep) enrolment timeline.
The timeline advises families when and how to enrol their child into Foundation (Prep) at a Victorian government primary school, including Frankston Primary School.
The new timeline will apply for children starting Foundation (Prep) in 2024. All government primary schools will follow the new timeline in support of Foundation (Prep) enrolments for the 2024 school year.
You can find information and resources about the new timeline, including factsheets, at: Enrolling in Foundation (Prep). You can also download the ‘Foundation (Prep) Enrolment Information Pack for Parents/Carers for the 2024 school year’ from the Starting School webpage (available from 24 April 2023).
You will be able to apply to enrol your child in Foundation (Prep) 2024 at Frankston Primary School from 24 April 2023.
Steps for Parents and Carers:
- SCHOOL TOUR
- Contact our school office to book a school tour with our Principal, Renée Kennedy.
- You may book in for a scheduled school tour, see dates on our website; or you may book a personal tour.
- We offer two Parent Information Sessions in Term Two – please see the dates listed below. The second is a repeat of the first session. Interested parents and carers need only to attend one.
- Please contact our school office to book for a scheduled Parent and Carer Information Session.
- Any questions about the new enrolment process will be discussed on tour and as a part of the Information Session.
- Download the Foundation (Prep) enrolment information pack from Enrolling in Foundation (Prep) (available from 24 April 2023)
- This booklet will help answer and clarify parent and carer questions about the timeline of the process.
- Our school can also help parents and carers and supply this information pack on request.
- SUBMIT ENROLMENT APPLICATION FROM TO OUR SCHOOL – FROM TERM 2
- Submit your enrolment application for Foundation (Prep) to our school office by Friday 28 July 2023.
- Families residing in our school zone will automatically be given a full school enrolment form, or children of siblings already enrolled at Frankston Primary School.
- OUTCOME OF ENROLMENT APPLICATION
- Parents and carers will be notified of the outcome of your application by our school by Friday 11 August 2023.
- SUCCESSFUL APPLICATION NOTIFICATION
- If you receive an offer of placement from our school, parent and carers should contact our school to accept the offer by Friday 25 August 2023.
- PREP TRANSITION AND ORIENTATION PROGRAM
- Our school Prep Transition and Orientation Program commences Term 4
- Please see our website for a full run-down of the transition and orientation schedule
- If you parents and carers have any questions about the transition and orientation program, please do not hesitate to contact our school office.
- COMMENCEMENT OF THE PREP 2024 SCHOOL YEAR
- Our school enrolment pack includes all school start dates and relevant dates – you will receive this on enrolment confirmation.
- LATE ENROLMENTS
- All Prep enrolment applications submitted after 28 July 2023 will be processed by our school as they are received, in accordance with the department’s Placement Policy.
- Please do not hesitate to contact our school office to enquire about a late enrolment – we look forward to hearing from you.
Department of Education and Training required documentation includes:
- Completed enrolment
- Evidence of identity and date of birth (for example, a birth certificate or passport)
- Immunisation Status Certificate
You will also be required to provide information about:
- your contact details
- emergency contact details
- health information and or medical management plans about your child (such as allergies or illnesses they need to manage)
- other legal orders relating to your child and their welfare (if any)
School required documents includes:
- General parent and carer consent forms
Prep 2024 Open Tours and Information Sessions
Prep 2024 Open Mornings and Afternoons – a great way to have a guided small group tour through our school. Book in for a Parent Information Session.
‘Come and Have a Look!’
- Tues 14th Feb 9.30 – 10.30
- Tues 28th Feb 9.30 – 10.30
- Tues 7th March 9.30 – 10.30
- Thurs 9th March 4 – 5pm
- Tues 21st March 9.30 – 10.30 & 4 – 5pm
- Thurs 23rd March 9.30 – 10.30 & 4 – 5pm
- Tues 4th April 9.30 – 10.30
- Thurs 27th April 9.30 – 10.30 & 4 – 5pm
- Thurs 4th May – 2024 Prep Parent Information Session – 6.30 – 7.30pm
- Tues 16th May 9.30 – 10.30
- Thurs 18th May 4 – 5pm
- Tues 30th May 9.30 – 10.30
- Thurs 1st June 4 – 5pm
- Thurs 8th June – 2024 Prep Parent Information Session – 6.30 – 7.30pm
- Tues 13th June 9.30 – 10.30 & 4 – 5pm
- Thurs 13th July 9.30 – 10.30
- Tues 18th July 9.30 – 10.30am
- Thurs 20th July 4 – 5pm
We look forward to meeting you!
Grades 1 – 6 Enrolment Process
Enrolments are taken throughout the year for year levels 1 – 6.
We conduct personal tours of our school for Year 1 – 6 enrolments – please contact the school office for further information and to schedule an appointment for a school tour.
Contact our school office should you require information on our school’s enrolment process.
Step-by-step information on how to find, enrol and start a child in your care at a school in Victoria and where the government can help, is available on the Victorian government website.
School enrolment forms for all year levels available directly from our school office.
Our School Zone
Our school zone is available on https://findmyschool.vic.gov.au which hosts the most up-to-date information on school zones in Victoria.
Students residing within our school zone are guaranteed a place at our school, which is determined on the basis of your permanent residential address.
Our school manages enrolments using the Placement Policy to ensure that students have access to their designated neighbourhood school and may enrol at another school, if there are available places.
For more information, you can: